This is the front one of two lighthouses built in Port Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. The lighthouses which were built in 1924, and in conjunction guided ships by marking the centre of the Port Melbourne Channel from Port Phillip Bay. Built just offshore between Princes Pier and Station Pier. This pillar is a round and tapered wooden-framed light built on piles. It used to be linked to the shore by a narrow wooden footbridge, which fell into disrepair and was removed. The tower used to show a fixed green light over a 26 degree sector, whilst a second green light occulted every six seconds in the four degree sector marking the centre of the Port Melbourne Channel. The light has not been exhibited for many years. This image was taken during a storm with a exposure of 8 minutes. The resulting photo is smooth and calm which is a strong contrast to the wind and rain faced that day.